Chigwell Golf Club, an 18-hole private members Club founded in 1925, is currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Clubhouse Assistant who has the drive and ability to work in a busy bar and restaurant for daily food & beverage service. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a small, well organised team that delivers uncompromising hospitality, providing an attentive, courteous, and friendly service to the members, guests, and visitors of Chigwell Golf Club. The successful candidate will have their own transport and be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, in order to suit the business. Both full and part time positions are available.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
* The delivery of high-quality food and beverage services to all members and visitors.
* Ensure high levels of cleanliness, safety and compliance are maintained every day.
* Ensure the appearance and presentation of the Clubhouse is always kept to a high standard.
* Ensure that the correct stocks of food and beverage items are maintained, managed, and accounted for using the systems provided.
* Opening and closing of the bar and main building.
* Operating the till, cash handling and use of the card machines.
* Keeping all shelves & fridges stocked and in correct rotation.
* Polishing cutlery & glasses, wrapping cutlery, laying, and clearing tables, setting up for functions.
* Operating the barista style coffee machine to produce a high-quality coffee & tea service.
* Selling food and drinks in the halfway hut, keeping check of stock, and advising senior managers.
* Cashing up the till every night and inputting the figures into the computer.
* Liaison with managers always to ensure the bar and kitchen operate as one team.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Level 2 food safety & hygiene for catering will be provided by the Club.
* Candidates must be reliable and able to work well under pressure as part of a small team.
* Ability to provide guests with up-to-date information and directions while attending functions.
* Excellent food service skills, including the ability to plates and to deliver drinks on trays.
* Have excellent communication skills in English.
* Be fun-loving, have a big personality and enjoy the culture that Chigwell Golf Club offers.
Minimum 1 year in a bar, club, pub, café, restaurant or similar
|Both full and part-time positions available
|Competitive, depending on experience
|Kathleen Welham email@example.com